Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gefeliciteerd!

Remember that word? Or perhaps you're more familiar with the old "Lang zal je leven"? Anywho, happy birthday. You inspire the lot of us, I must say. And as someone who will soon be 28 as well, I understand that you feel like an old geezer, but really, there is still a lot of life ahead of you. Or so I'm told.

And let tell you (and everyone I know who reads this blog which is more than who read my blog because I never ever post on it) that as a birthday gift I am putting your name in the running for godfather of our baby. You have several pros going for you, but you may be edged out in the end because of your smelly feet. Our child will already have smelly feet real-genes, he/she doesn't need smelly feet god-genes as well.

Isn't that just like me? Announcing the pregnancy of my wife on someone's birthday blog? I'm not sure if that means I am completely egocentric or just too lazy to put a bunch of people's names in an email. But anywho, happy birthday. Becca and I think of you often. And when you get kicked out of Malawi because of political unrest and show up in D.C. and are trying to regain your bearings in the wild wild west (AKA the pong pong west), I promise I will answer the phone this time. And I won't steal your glasses again.

Happy birthday!

Laremy and Becca

2 comments:

Adam said...

Ahhh! What? Yes! Hah!

The first thing I would like to say is yes. These are two people who should procreate. I'm generally anti-baby because people younger than ten have no right to live, but it'll be tolerated for you two to split regenerate your genes. I've recently realized, Laremy, that probably one of our friends is going to snag your name before I do for naming a kid. Oh well. And as for godfatherhood, I would like to make the case that the best uncles and godfathers are the slightly eccentric type who you can go visit in Bangkok because they're there doing some crazy thing. You know, the kind to give the baby a yo-yo made out of camel spit and cobra hair that will make him into a great jazz musician someday.

Oh and congratulations and all of that stuff I'm supposed to say. I find it awesome that my birthday blog is the first place to know about the conception of young Willem/Willhelmina.

I've recently taught Hillary the meaning of the word Gezellijk (sp?) and told her she's got to word-drop that pooch when she's around you guys, and you'll like her for it. Don't let me down.

You might not read this, huh? Oh well. Love you.

Lar said...

sweet. A comment.