Monday, November 19, 2007

November 19. November 19 you were born into this world.

I've been thinking and pondering and waiting for just the right witty, surprising, clever, touching, and slightly sassy birthday message to come to me. It seems as that though that may not happen in time. So I just want to say that in thinking through the writing of this message I've been perusing "Adam memories" and it doing so my heart has felt confirmed that you are the kind of friend to me that I will never let fade into the backround of my life. Your mark upon my life seems permanent and I am grateful for that. On this your birthday I am proud of you, the thoughts inside your head and the way your actions mirror the person you strive to be. In the 7-8 years I've known you (can you believe it?) I love the ways you've changed and I love the ways you haven't. And if you were here I would do my "faces" for you (snoopy, Laura, Adela, etc) and your favorite lines "My glass!!...menagerie?" I would let you leave your car door open as we drive all over town, and I would turn on some Nirvana for another duet from my favorite guys. Since you're not, I think I'll post this lovely pic of you instead!! Love you buddy. Lo. (As I insist you call me)

No comments: